Friday, February 9, 2018

Gifts That Will Melt Your Sweetie's Heart (But Don't Involve Junk Food)


Last year, my wonderful-but-sometimes-clueless husband gave me a big bar of not-my-food for Valentine’s Day. Sigh. He’s supportive but sometimes still has a "you can't always be doing this" attitude.

So this year, I’m preparing a list of ideas for gift ideas that say "I Love You" but don’t involve sugar or flour. I’m trying to think beyond the usual flowers or scented candle, although I always love fresh flowers (and would never say no to a scented candle.)

1. A pair of cozy slippers or super-soft cozy pajamas to remind her to put on her bunny slippers and indulge in some self-care

2. A surprise clean house. Hire a cleaning service and have them clean your entire house while your sweetie is away.

3. Memorabilia from one of your first dates, like a poster of the first movie you saw together or from a special trip you took, like a T-shirt from your honeymoon location.

4. Movie night. Give her a DVD of her favorite romantic movie and watch it together.

5. Necklace from Speakable http://www.speakable.co/ with her favorite powerful word on it (“peace,” or “warrior” or how about “unstoppable”?)

6. A big beautiful serving bowl, large enough to hold an 8 oz. or larger salad (so she doesn’t have to eat out of the big Tupperware bowl every night).

7. Massage course with your sweetie. I haven’t tried it but a friend recommended MeltMassage. https://couplesmassagecourses.com/couples-massage-videos/?afdeet=28



No comments:

Post a Comment