Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Day Three of My Rezoom Begins: Why do days 2s suck so much?

Got my second resume day under my belt.

Man, it was tough. Especially at night. The excitement of day one wears off a bit for day two nowadays. After dinner, I was battling the habit of noshing after dinner just because it's enjoyable.

And on top of that, my husband interrupted a great movie to ask me to help him with something that involved a lot of digging out papers and figuring out some complexities. It wasn't a big deal, but as soon as he asked me to do this, I got annoyed. Does this have to be done right now? I'm not even sure what I need to figure out to get you the info you need. Grrrr.

The funny thing was, as soon as feelings of irritation emerged, the desire to eat emerged right alongside them. I had an overwhelming urge to eat. Like my brain was triggered. Feeling annoyed = need to eat to remove the painful feeling.

This is such a recognizable cycle now. I don't even need to consciously be aware of it -- I'm aware as soon as the urge to eat hits me. So I took a deep breath, stopped the movie, dug into the paperwork. It took about a half hour to untangle everything and get it done. Then I went back and finished the movie.

Finished the night without breaking my food plan. Went to bed hungry (as usual). Had to remind myself to celebrate and be proud of myself for making it through that night. And I was proud. But it wasn't the great celebration I'd been hoping to feel. Just a steady sigh of "whew, made it."

Still, I made it. And that's something worth feeling proud about.

No comments:

Post a Comment