Friday, March 23, 2018

BLE momentum is hard to achieve. Don’t mess with it.

I’ve been trying to regain my Bright Line Eating momentum since January 2017 (it’s March 2018 as I write this). Lately, I’ve realized there are two tiny things my brain says to get me to break my bright lines:

(1) “Doing BLE has been easy in the past. It’ll be easy to pick it up again.”

(2) “You’ve resumed before. You’ll just resume again.”

False. False. And false. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in trying to resume, it is that it is terrifically hard to resume. It is NOT easy to pick it up again. It is NOT easy to just resume.


Which leads me back to one of my fundamental beliefs about BLE. If you’ve got some BLE momentum going, don’t mess with it.

Whatever you do, don't mess with it.

If you’ve got 2 days of squeaky clean bright lines, don’t mess with what you're doing. Keep going. If you’ve got 7 days of squeaky clean bright lines, don’t mess with it. Keep going. If you’ve got 100 days of squeaky clean bright lines, don’t mess with it.

BLE momentum is an amazing achievement. Be proud of it, bask in it, and for goodness sake, don't change what you're doing.

Resuming is much, much more difficult than you might imagine. It’s MUCH easier to just keep going than it is to resume.

Don’t mess with BLE momentum.

Disclaimer: This site is not officially affiliated with Bright Line Eating or Susan Peirce Thompson. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment