Monday, March 19, 2018

My morning BLE ritual

I love having a simple ritual that sets my BLE intention for the day and gets me into a positive mindset.

Rather than leap out of bed and plunge into emails, I like to ease into it. And I accomplish a few things for my nightly checklist as well, so it's win-win.

My current morning self-care BLE ritual goes like this. I wake up, get the coffee going, light a candle or turn on the scent diffuser and then sit down for three tasks:

1. Meditate. I make it a habit to meditate in the morning, before breakfast. For me, it works best to have guidance when I meditate. Lately, I've been setting myself monthly or weekly challenges. I might find a meditation I particularly like on YogaGlo (a subscription based program) or on the Breethe app and do it daily for a month. I've followed some of Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey's 21-day meditation challenges ( chopracentermeditation.com they occasionally offer free trial versions so you can see if you like their format). I like the idea that I've committed to doing a particular meditation practice for a certain number of days. It's easy to see progress that way and I don't like to break a streak once I've got one going.

2. Do inspirational readings. I keep inspirational daybooks all over. My current favorites include the classic Simple Abundance and any issue of Bella Grace magazine. I have some of the books Susan recommends.

3. Write in my gratitude journal. I prefer to write in my gratitude journal in the morning because my mind is fresher and more likely to discover creative, unexpected gratitudes. It also helps set a tone of gratitude for the day.

Altogether, these three tasks take me less than a half-hour (sometimes only 10-15 minutes if I'm doing a short meditation).

Disclaimer: This site is not officially affiliated with Bright Line Eating or Susan Peirce Thompson. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment