Thursday, June 7, 2018

Eight great salads to kick up your routine


In summer, my favorite go-to meal is a giant salad. But I have a habit of getting into a rut. So this summer I'm challenging myself to mix up my favorite salad recipes.

It’s pretty easy to adapt salads to fit your food plan — leave out things like honey if you’re no-sugar; measure protein separately if you measure your food, etc.

Here are a few I've been loving lately:

-- Colorful Chopped Salad With Carrot-Ginger Dressing by Cookie and Kate.

Crunchy healthy twist on a boring Asian salad. The edamame means it can work as a meal in a bowl.

Photo: Cookie and Kate


-- Healthy Broccoli Salad With Creamy Avocado Dressing by Kari of Getinspiredeveryday.com

I make this one for lunch so the grapes can be part of my fruit serving, and the seeds become part of my protein. Also, I can't believe how easy it is to make your own avocado dressing. Where has this idea been all my life?

-- Kittencals Famous Greek Salad

Seriously the best Greek salad dressing I've had, but plan ahead since it needs to sit about 2 hours before serving so the flavors can meld.

-- Mexican Chopped Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing

You really don't need the chips she recommends, if you’re no-flour.

-- Apple-Walnut-Feta Salad from Anna of themeasuredmom.com

Anna's blog post is full of great Bright Line Eating meal ideas. This salad might be my favorite of her recommendations.

-- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad from Well Plated by Erin

Like Erin, I've never been a big fan of mayo so the tangy Greek yogurt in this chicken salad is yum-o

Photo: Well Plated 


-- Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad from Debbie of Onelittleproject.com

Spicy but not too-spicy and a great use for a spiralizer

-- Pineapple Cucumber Salad by Trish of momontimeout.com

I never would have thought to mix pineapple and cucumber but they work together surprisingly well.

Anyone else have good salad recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment