Thursday, November 22, 2018

Quick thoughts on Thanksgiving

I've tried the overeating thing. It doesn't work for me. I've tried overeating at Thanksgiving gatherings (and Christmas parties and family get-togethers and birthday parties and other celebrations). Been there, done that, don't benefit from it. 

This year, I'm doing a normal eating version. I can do that this year. I don't have to commit to doing it every Thanksgiving forever, I am just committing for this, just one year. 

For today, I'm not overeating. Doesn't suit me. I've done it. Thanks, but no thanks. 

I know my brain will tell me otherwise, but I will simply let the overeating thoughts float past me. I don't have to act on them. Eating-wise, today is like any other Thursday. 

I plan to wake up tomorrow morning feel victorious and happy and free. That is a very big thing for me, so it's worth doing. I want different results for my body and my health, so I'm trying different things. 


[This is my adaptation of an inspiring sober text from the ever-inspiring Belle Robertson. tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.com]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment